Thursday, March 24, 2005

Reality

Friends often depart each other with words like, "see you tomorrow", "get at me tomorrow", " I will call you tomorrow." Rarely do we take into account that tomorrow is not promised to any of us. Here today, gone tomorrow, is truly how it really is. Some say, it is from God that we come, and it is to God that we return. But I do not think we live our lives acknowledging that there may not be a tomorrow. Most of the things we do everyday are in anticipation of the "future." Whether it be the pursuit of an education, to punching the clock every morning, most is done to have a more prosperous future or for some enjoyment in the future. So what does one do to acknowledge how life has the potential to be quite short? Do you live in fear of the angel of death? Does one say, to hell with the future?, Does one live for the moment?, Deal with the future when you get there? I figure, live hard, play hard, and love hard while you are here, cause the game could end at any moment. We are reminded of such realities when one loses a friend or relative to death. Robert Foster, the consummate frat brother, a friend, and aspiring attorney lost his life in a tragic accident on 3/23/05, at the young age of 28. When I reflect upon my interactions with him, I must smile, laugh and shake my head. It seems like where ever I was, meeting, party, whatever, he was either already there, or walking in behind me, greeting me with a handshake. He always.....truthfully always, had a smile on his face. He was simply a genuine down to earth brother. My last conversation with him surrounded his expectations of law school and how excited he was about the possibilities. I too, was excited for him. That will now never be. One can never question God for the things that happen in life. But, I do know this much. He took a good one from us, way too soon. Robert accomplished a lot while he was here, but there was so much more he wanted to accomplish. God Bless you Robert, much love to your family and friends with whom you leave fond memories.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Complex Simplicity said...

You know I was thinking about the same exact thing and I began to write a post about it but it hit me so hard that I couldn't finish it. I'm starting to re-evaluate my point of view on death, perhaps one day I will be able to publish that post. Also thanks for your comments on my page! Much Memphis Love, my family is from there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter