Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Trippin In South Dakota

South Dakota....who dat? South Dakota...uh a new car? South Dakota...um dayum this is hard...uh...aint that that street you get the bootleg dvd's?
South Dakota appears to be the home of some conservative fools. South Dakota just passed a bill which bans abortions except when necessary to save a woman's life. Ever heard of Roe v. Wade? Well what sickens me most about this law is the fact that it does not allow for exceptions of incest and rape. What the flip? The law requires doctors who perform abortions to face up to five years in jail. What the flip? That is some bullshit to tell a woman or a child that you must go through with a pregnancy which was caused by such a flipped up event. I am no racist. but white dudes be killing me. You can not tell me that if Bob's little daughter or sister Susie, is raped by Big Ole Tyrone, he would not have his daughter or sister at their family doctor to have an abortion. Lets just be real, for real, you know I aint lying. Image hosting by Photobucket Rep. Roger Hunt, Republican who authored the Bill.
You can't tell me that Ole Roger would make his child have a baby who was the result of a rape. For incest, he might be down too.
I admit, I am pro-choice, but I object to late term abortions. I simply do not believe that another can tell a woman what to do with her body or whether she should be forced to bring an unwanted child into this world. There are too many kids today looking to be adopted or many kids who are brought into this world unwanted. Think about a poor mother of three, already struggling, and because she makes the mistake of getting pregnant, she has to bring another child into this world. Republicans steady cutting food stamp programs so shit just gets worse for the mother, and the child is born into a flipped up situation. Think about it, the current Republicans are cutting subsidies but want don't want to fund the programs that would help care for the unwanted child. I smell bullshit.
And what is the business with Pharmacists refusing to fill birth control prescriptions cause of their personal beliefs. If that aint about some bullshit. That's like a vegan waitress refusing to bring me a juicy steak after she takes my order. I'd say HOE SIT DOWN to her azz but only after she brought me my steak. What is it about folk, fill the freaking prescription, you aint taking the damn pills are you?
This abortion issue is not just about single chicks who can't keep their legs closed, or about dudes who don't wanna wear condoms. In a perfect world, folk would wait to get married before cutting, but as it is today, accidents happen. Further, married folk have to make decisions about unplanned pregnancies. Married couples often have to do the abortion thing, unless the husband loves them barefooted and pregnant. For me, abortion is a personal choice and should remain that way. It's as simple as that. Old folk like that flipper above should get a damn life and leave writing laws to someone else. But this is just the beginning, Mississippi also has a similar law pending.
I have to give one more award, to the Dumbazz governor (Republican Mike Rounds) that signed the bill into law. Image hosting by Photobucket
The Supreme Court appears to be stacked to the right. If so, this law could be the beginning of the end of Roe v. Wade. Women ya'll betta put your boxing gloves on cause its about to be on!

5 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spike Zee,

Dude ... I see you still got it, you hadn't changed one bit. Your comments are true (Good Humor - "The Vegan”), but true. They are strategically reversing years of hard work. While those bucket heads are on that other Blog -talking trash, they need to pay attention to what Uncle Buck is sliding under the table. My wife is cracking on the "Ho Sit Down" awards...

Peace..

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

I appreciate the love man. Keep coming by.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your arguments are valid. I give you that much. The jury is still out for me in regards to pro-choice. I disagree with you in regards to the doctors choosing to not prescribe birth control pills to their patients because of their beliefs. I can appreciate a doctor with values, who doesn’t get caught up in making money based on his expertise and knowledge. Doctor’s advice cancer patients take chemotherapy in order to cure them. Chemotherapy has a lot of side effects and physical alterations that are emotional painful to a woman. There are some doctors that disagree with this method of healing, because they believe that a change in diet and a healthy lifestyle will cure them. Yes, the method may have historically proven that it can make cancer disappear; but what about the other changes that you undergo physically. Like I said, the jury is still out for me on the whole abortion thing. The timing of the abortion is truly the huge factor and argument. You made some valid points. Thanks for the political updates.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

whats home boy im in ATL but memphis born south parkway rasied chk me out some time

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

I could have not stated that any better. It is my understanding that Tennessee is also working on a similar bill. I don't see it passing here, but you never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter