Sunday, August 13, 2006

Charger Time

I got a chance to go the Charger game last night. It had been a long time since I watched the team play live. I ended up grabbing a $75 ticket from a scalper for $40 so that worked out well. San Diego being a military town, I guess its impossible to escape for any moment the issues I have about our so-called war in Iraq. Halftime of the game consisted of 300 youth, taking there enlistment oath. Any other time, I would be applauding them for their desire to serve their country, but my thoughts could not escape that fact that for some of those kids, as little as 90 days, separated them from taking the oath, and being shipped to Iraq. Dang, can't I just go to the game without the realities of life punching me in my arm? Little man wanted to chat it up with me the entire game.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter