Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Five Minutes

It's funny how the things you rely on, (like a certain laptop), work oh so well when you are goofing off, but as soon as you need to use it for something important, it decides it wants to take a moment off.
I want to drop Beloved (Seminar Paper....remember) off a day earlier than the deadline, just to cover myself. Mind you, I did get to the school about ten minutes before the secretaries punch out. Anyway...I peek my head in the office, tell the secretary I will be back in 5 minutes to drop Beloved off. The secretaries around here are all pretty kool, (well there is that one that, no, leave it alone). So she is like kool, see you in five. I roll up to the Sauna Room aka Computer Lab, to do a routine task. E-mail Beloved from Laptop to Computer in lab, then print. Simple simple task, done everyday, flawlessly.
Clock is rolling, Somehow my wireless does not want to kick in. So I have to reboot.
Four minutes - Opening AOL.........Opening AOL.......HMMMMM. AOL done froze.......
Bet, use Explorer,......Damn, AOL got the whole system froze.......Sweat begins forming on my forehead.....
Two minutes - Lord, give me the strength not to chuck this laptop across the room. Reboot...... One Minute - Lord, did you hear me, a minute ago? Loosening tie.......Click on AOL. AOL pops up......Yes! Entering my password.......AOL locks again......I think my eyes rolled back like that Exorcist chick...........a brotha took a deep breath......said a silent prayer.......picked up the laptop..........and chucked it across the room......... SYKE............I got up and took a walk back down to the office, and told the secretary, I'll get at you tomorrow.
Darn you Beloved.
But the messed up thing was no sooner did I walk to class, my laptop was up and at it.
Since Beloved is out of my hair for a few days, I can get at Sherlock (Bar Application) Damn, they wanna know every place you've had a bowel movement........For real.
Can I find six folk that will say I am a decent enough person to sit for the exam? Hmmmm.....does moms and pops count? No? Damn.......
Academic Probation? You talking ever ever?
Moving violations? Can we say Daytona 500?
Every job I have had? Does that include the time I...uh...nevamind
Oh well, anutha project, I'll holla...
So I am watching Ford Jr., on Bill Maher, and I am wondering when did this dude get all holy and religious, and when did he get that Southern drawl? No really. And I am not hating, I hate strictly on his voting record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter