Monday, October 09, 2006

Verbal Buffet

Birthday weekend was pretty good, found a little time to hang with friends and classmates. Thanks for hanging folk......much love to PK as well....
I got a chance to watch the Ford Jr. v. Corker debate. I guess its damned if you do support Jr., damned if you don't support Jr. His politics are not my politics, and his voting record likely does not reflect the interests of his constituents. Jr., recently voted in favor of the Military Commission Act, which is an atrocious bill., (More on that later). On top of that, he voted for the war in Iraq, supported the bankruptcy bill and spoken out in defense of Bush's policies quite often. Those three yea votes alone make me shake my head in disgust. Nonetheless, don't I want a brotha in the Senate? Not when he is voting like a damn republican. What has happened is that Jr., has been selling out his base, to gain positive favor in east Tennessee. It's been calculated and planned over the last few years. I guess the question is, if elected, will JR., return to his roots, and represent, or will he continue as he has been, abandoning his original base? It's enough for me to just skip the Senate Selection on my ballot .
Don't you hate it when friends fall out? I guess it was my fault, maybe I was too honest when I should have shut up, and not frank enough when I should have been. One of those catch 22 situations. You still good peeps regardless.......
The Military Commission Act, put it this way, the Repubs are slowly giving our freedoms away. Peep game, the language in the bill is so bland, that anyone who donates money to a charity that turns up on Bush's list of "terrorist" organizations, or who speaks out against the government's policies could be declared an "unlawful enemy combatant" and imprisoned indefinitely. That includes American citizens. So, that means, if the president declares.... lets say, Huey Freeman, an enemy combatant, his azz is up the creek. He can be detained, prevented from consulting with an attorney, not be able to appear before a court to challenge the detainment and the evidence against him, get tortured some, and his whereabouts be held secret as long as the government chooses before appearing before a military tribunal that can use illegally obtained evidence against him to convict. I am not exaggerating either, read the bill yourself. Heck with the language in the bill, it allows the President to round-up both aliens and U.S. citizens he determines have given material support to terrorists. In other words, Huey's attorney too could be detained as well if the government chooses to do so. Scary aint it?
Seminar Paper..........page one......
Those downtown fires sure are suspicious to me. I mean, I am to believe that the glowing embers, flew over around and maybe even under, all the other surrounding buildings and caused fires to the abandoned buildings owned by the same owner. Now I will admit, abandoned buildings are more prone to catch fire, but I dunno. Hmmm.......insurance money......naw, upstanding business people would never do such.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter