Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stop Whining.....Play Ball

Intramural flag football is back! My team is last years Champions. For some of us, the games provide an opportunity to interact with each other in a manner not suitable for class. For me, its a chance to talk ish, something I do well when it comes to athletics, well actually (when it comes to competing period). I thrive off of it, especially if my game is on. I'm no fool, if my game is off, or if we are losing, I know how to shut it up. Talking ish is a part of all sports, especially if you are confident in what u are doing, if you know the guy lined up in front of you is garbage, or can't hold you, there is nothing wrong in my book with letting him know. Some examples from last night victory...
The opposing quarterback f(a former mock trial opponent) runs for a 15 yard gain...... Me: Nice run dude, looks like you were running in slow motion...... Him: Shut up....at least I gained some yards. Me: You should have run that towards me..... He had a point, he got a first down, but I wanted him to recognize, there would be no gain if he ran my way.
Some scrub gets a pass thrown his way which he drops. Me: Nice catch dude, really great catch. Him: I can catch man. My chatter was only an attempt to get in his head.
Same quarterback throws an interception. Me: Nice pass man, right to my teammate, (then I toss the ball at him) Him: Man you have no class. Me: Man this is football, not Cricket, if you can't handle it sit down. Mission accomplished, I got in his head, all I was trying to do.
So I have no class. Yea ok. I think it is just that some are not used to being unable to control the words coming out of others mouths. They are used to controlling certain situations. They may not be used to others talkin ish and they not being able to stop it. It's truly funny to me to watch some get all red in the face in frustration. That's too bad for them. You wanna shut me up, then beat me, until then, see you next game, the chatter continues.
My team.
Big ups to the Ladies Team, they broke their two season long losing streak earning their first win. They beat members of the U-M soccer team. It was actually a good game. JF was looking like OJ out there, and CJ was looking like Deion Sanders. Look out U-M Cheerleaders, the ladies have you in their sights.
On to more serious issues....
I am looking forward to being in New Orleans this weekend for the National Black Law Student Academic Retreat. First, its my last NBLSA event, second, I will get to view for myself the devastation in the City. Seeing it on t.v. was sad, I can't imagine what the feeling will be like in person. Part of the retreat includes some community service projects. We are supposed to help/assist in building a home for someone. I am looking forward to being able to give back.
Hugo Chavez addressed the general assembly of the U.N., the main media has decided to focus on him calling Bush the Devil, but are not giving his speech any analysis. Were his words warranted? Was the message delivered by Iran's President valid? Do his words too deserve some honest analysis. Why not review it for yourself. You marinate on it. Don't just read what others want you to see. If we rely on Fox and others, all we know is Bush got called the devil, those dudes had the nerve to come to our country to talk smack about our president. Why did they? And why were the many nations present, applauding and clapping during those speeches? Could it be those cats had a point at what they were saying? We are America, we are never wrong right? Here is the text of Hugo's speech http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0920-22.htm

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf? I hope you aren't trash talking during this holy month of ramadan...

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

Little sister, don't make me fly home to jack you up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter