Monday, September 11, 2006

War on What?

Mind you that today is our day or mourning, lest we forget that there are others who are mourning as a result our country's response to 9/11. Lets just keep it real. After 9/11 and before finishing in Afghanistan, the powers that be, began to hit us with, Saddam Hussein, 9/11, Iraq, 9/11, Saddam, 9/11, weapons of mass destruction, Iraq, 9/11, mushroom cloud, Saddam, 9/11, 9/11/ Saddam, Al-Qaida, Saddam, 9/11, Bin Laden, homies, Saddam, Bin Laden, 9/11. You get my drift. I know you remember how it went. My man Colin Powell even played the damn game, instead of speaking truth to power. It had your average American running around talking about kick Saddam's azz cause he hit us on 9/11.
We all know now, that there was never a connection between Iraq and 9/11, but we went to war on those lies, supported by both Democrat and Republican. For a majority of the Democrats, it was political suicide not to give the President the authority to go to war. before a mojor election, but that aint an excuse.
If you oppose the war, you don't support the troops, if you oppose the war, you are encouraging the "terrorists", if you oppose the war, you are a punk who supports cutting and running. Aint that some BS? They say the thing to do is to stay the course? Where has staying the course gotten us? Kids have lost their mom or dad, parents have lost their loved children? All for what? Massive debt no one talks about, Billions a week. How many number two Al-Qaida dudes are there? We stay killing or capturing the number two figure and what has that gotten us? That Chapelle clip below is funny, but it is so real too.
Why did we go to Iraq? To prevent another 9/11? In retaliation for 9/11? None existing WMD's? What if the powers that be had been honest from the start? I want to go to Iraq cause they have our oil, or cause dude tried to kill my daddy, or whatever the real reason is, would I support it then?
The war on terror? WTF? How do you fight a war against a tactic? Heck, this war will be one for the ages. I don't think your average American signed up for this. Do we want a draft again? I sho don't want one?
I tired of war, I am tired of death, I am tired of the word terrorist. I'm just tired. Think about it, I'm tired and I am not even in the war zone, not one bullet whizzing over my head, not one improvised explosion going off as I drive my car. So imagine how the troops are feeling, imagine how the Iraqis are feeling. I wonder. We there cause of what again? Oh yea, 9/11. But dont be surprised if Bin Laden is captured before the upcoming elections.
Take a look at the impact the War on Terror is having elsewhere. http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/article1433404.ece
A good read, http://www.hoffmania.com/blog/2006/09/rollingstone_bu.html#more . A MUST HEAR, TAKE A MOMENT TO WATCH! I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER !!! http://win20ca.audiovideoweb.com/ca20win15004/CountDown-SpecialComment-Bush-911512K.wmv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter