Thursday, September 07, 2006

Guilty? Me?

Picture me chilling in class, (actually preparing to take notes) when the Professor puts me on blast "Zee, thanks for the e-mail......you were the one that sent it.....right?" My response, being caught off guard, was to look at him and say "e-mail? Me? Uh.....naw, that wasn't me......" So he goes on to say "yea the e-mail about me letting class out early the last two times, I thought we got out at 10:30, but in fact we get out at 10:50." Immediately, I feel all eyes on me, I hear someone behind me say, "Aint that a biyaatch", to my right I hear, I know it was not you? Then I hear one of those collective, "Sheeeets", and feel a bunch of cold stares. I denied sending the e-mail in class..........but guess what???????????
Yes. I am GUILTY of sending the damn e-mail. I confess, I did it. Sue me..........
But I guess I can explain why I sent the e-mail, cause it I even shocked myself for sending it. First, I was not sure if he was letting us out intentionally or not. Second, if he thought class indeed got out early, did we want him to find out from another source? We would run the risk of him finding out later in the semester, him concluding we were some wise azz, slick azz, no honesty having future law students, which would then result in him drafting a nasty final exam. I know none of ya'll want an extra funky final exam, I sho don't, not for my last semester. So I had to act.....but I was not gonna act alone...............I had an accomplice..............
We decided to send a nice little e-mail, no names were signed on the e-mail......
Exhibit A
Dear Sir, I did not want to mention this in class, might upset some classmates, but I believe our class is scheduled from 9:00 to 10:50. I am not sure if you are letting us out intentionally early, (and I am not complaining about it), but I just wanted to let you know.
Was that all bad? Were all those cuss words directed towards me necessary? I did the right thing, not because I wanted to be honest, but because I only have two exams this semester, I was not gonna give him any reason to dislike our class cause we wanted to be slick getting out early. Now, how he figured out it was me? Heck if I know. But I am guilty I must admit. Oh well.......I guess I am a

7 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. nerd!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instinct:

1 : a natural or inherent aptitude, impulse, or capacity

Johnnie Cochran used instinct when he implemented the "Glove Theory". Just think a small item like a glove had a Big Impact. Instinct based on facts, driven by the possibility(((vision)))of an undesirable end..."a guilty verdict"

Dr. Zee, you had the instinct to do what you did - you could see(((vision))) the possible end results "the Funky Exam".

I'm not in the field of law, but I think "Instinct" is a good trait to have.

Peace

rw

p.s. - it was your professor’s instinct that blasted you !!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't brag about being a snitch here, you should have had that courage in class!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Zee,

-koshaneke has a good point...

It would take a lot of {{Courage}} to stand before the Professor & the Class and say: "guess what??????????? Yes. I am GUILTY of sending the damn e-mail. I confess, I did it. Sue me"

{{Courage}} is a good trait too!!!

peace

rw

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

RW, Kosh is always right! Hey, I admit I did not have the courage to bring it up in class. There were 20 other folk in there who could have done it. Quite frankly, I was expecting some other folk to handle it, but oh well.

Yo, Kosh, don't make me come down to Southern!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a dayum shame... Sounds like reparations are coming. I still commend your self-abnegation. Although I wouldn't have done it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter