Friday, August 25, 2006

One Week Down

I made it through my first week of classes, well all but the next hour and a half..........what's the saying about law school, first year = scare you to death, second year = work you to death, last year = bore you to death. Oh how true......
Well clearly after the first week, I have my work cut out for me. I don't know which will be worse, working on my Seminar paper, or my legal clinic. Sounds like we gonna be working our tails off. It's one thing to sit in class for a few hours learning theories of law and blah blah blah, its another to actually work on a real legal matter for a real person. Then you are getting a grade on how you represent and handle those matters.
What do I want to write about in my Federal Discrimination seminar? It's gotta be something I can flow on. Let's see..........Affirmative Action issues.......naw.....Gay Rights........negative......discrimination in housing......boring........Voter disenfranchisement.......possibly..........Reparations.....oooh controversial......let me marinate on that one...............Post 9/11 discriminatory issues.........maybe..........Any suggestions?
Let's see, shall I get gas when my tank is at half a tank or on empty? Does it even matter?
Why am I on day two of cleaning the trunk of my car? Old books and notebooks, cd's, tennis shoes, Red bull, coffee mugs (I don't even drink coffee) a pillow (where did this come from?) I might be getting better gas mileage out of my car when I am done cleaning the trunk. My cousin said I was living out of my car, I'd rather call it, the Mobile Library.
What's up with all the folk rocking Mohawks?
No...I don't have Myspace....or Facebook......good Lawd.
The local Shelby County Democrats need a massive enema....
Man.....class aint over yet.......good God.....look up, act like you into the lecture.....go on raise your hand......interject something....Shake your head, no, no nod your head....give some eye contact....bye....

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post 9/11 discriminatory issues would be my suggestion.

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrican Katrina would be my suggestion. It's new, it's fresh and it's today's reality.
---------------------------------
But then again any one can talk and express there views about issues going on.
----------------------------------
The words from your mouth may flow as beautiful as a waterfall in the center of a rain forrest.
----------------------------------
Powerful.
----------------------------------
But, what will Zayid to make a difference?
----------------------------------
Be about it, just don't talk it.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

There is not alot of case law on the books yet, pertaining to post 9/11 discrimination, lots of complaints, but little law. I am going to look at it seriusly though....

Lyfe, can't we all use aliases....?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter