Thursday, August 17, 2006

Back In The Saddle

Whew, its freekin hot out here.............yea, I am back in the south.......

I volunteered at school as an orienation leader, so I spent my first full day at school. I guess I could not wait to get back in the building, (That's a lie).

Its always kool meeting all of the new students eager to begin their legal studies. Shaking my head, if they only knew.......

I do like to take the opportunity to meet the new African American students during orientation. I remember when I was at my orientation, I noticed how few blacks participated in orientation. We were kind of deep today, I was joking with a classmate today when I stated we had half of the black males (4 of us)of the law school present at orientation. Of course I was joking as there are actually eleven of us in all three classes. Yep, just eleven in there entire law school that has a student body of at least 300 or more students. I think the new class has about four/five black males. Why so few bruh's representing at U-M, I guess that's a rant for a different day.

I gotta get my head right for this semester. I must be a little more disciplined, organized and about my bizness.

The movie of the day is "The Siege", starring Denzil Washington. It's been out for a hot minute, but it was so on point regarding terrorism, torture, and detainment of Arabs in the so called war on terrorism.

Still no phone........

BN, tell me, should I make that call?

Damn, miss those home cooked meals already, dinner tonight, turkey on white, wit Bar-B-Que chips, so yummy, so low budget......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter