Monday, August 21, 2006

A Precious Moment in the Library

Making the drive to campus this morning, I was kind of in a trance. I mean besides my usual mental complaints about Memphis drivers, my frequent glances at my gas meter (I dunno why I looking at it), I was going over in my head how I want my weeks to unfold. By now, I should be used to having a full week. I really should, though I always think each semester, my schedule would get lighter. That is surely not the case. I must admit though, that my class schedule is love, only two morning classes at 9:00, but the rest of my classes are in the evening. Nonetheless, my class workload seems to always increase. I've got a legal clinic that requires 10 hours of office time, not to mention regular reading for my other classes. Time is kind of short around here. I do want to work, no, let me re-phrase, I need to be earning a part time check somewhere in the mix, but there is really no part time anywhere in my schedule. May I was your car?
Why is it that every fall, I crack the screen on my freeking Palm Pilot? I just don't get it.....and the messed up thing is that it has happened the same way each time, one of my darn books, somehow gets on top of it and cracks it. It happens even though, the protective cover is in place. Anyone gotta spare Palm a brotha can take off your hands?
My locker looks like the little Candy Store next door in the old neighborhood. I've got candy, Nerds, Skittles, Starbursts, Soda (uh Gingerale), Hawaiian Punch, Chips, Chronic, and Grey Goose........did I slip those two past you? Anyway, maybe I can be the Candyman over here and make money that way.........
Don't forget to check out HBO tonight......
Your president had a press conference this morning, my little sister could give a more informed press conference than that nut.
I am supposed to be writing a paper on how I will exhibit professionalism as an attorney. Hmmm, lets see, never return calls, I do that pretty well now. Be late for appointments. Oh, forget about scheduled appointments, that's a good one. Gossip - attorney client privilege? What's that? Don't show up on court dates. Spend clients money. Wait....I am supposed to discuss how to be professional. My bad....
Snakes in a Plane - You bet not go see that mess, is Samuel Jackson that hard up for a role?
I have not read a newspaper in four days, what in the heck is wrong with me?
Local Democratic party is quite lame. Time for a overhaul of the leadership.
LeMoyne-Owen, hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll get back to you on that.
Why does my law school have only one black faculty member and the one, hmm...hush yo mouf? And, no the legal methods adjuncts do not count. I betta hush fo I gets in troubles....

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, we have something else in common, they call me the snack lady at my school. I keep candy and snacks in my bag like: starburst, sugar daddies, gum balls, oatmeal pies, fudge rounds and rice crispy treats. Have a great semester!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

You too Kosh! I want to come down there for a Southern game, but the home schedule looks kind of weak.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come anyway, down here the game is an added bonus. This is a HBCU, where tailgating and partying before the game is the real sport.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter