Monday, September 04, 2006

Say It Aint So

Doing my morning news scan I was in disbelief to learn that the "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin was killed by a sting-ray while filming in off the Great Barrier Reef. "He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time." Stingrays can be quite large too, so who knows what he was fooling with during his injury.

When ever I was suffering from Flipitis, I tended to always end up on the animal channel watching this cat fool with snakes, crocs, and other dangerous creatures. Part of me would be amazed, the other part would sit there and say, "this dude trying to get killed." I would kind of laugh it off, but he did a lot of wild stuff, he had major cajones. Sad to see his lose his life life that.

I wonder why I never see any brotha's on the animal channel pulling stunts like that?

Charger linebacker Steve Foley got shot three times by an off-duty Coronado police officer, who followed the player damn near ten miles to the players home because he thought the player was driving under the influence. Mind you the officer was not in uniform and not in a marked police car but he showed the player his badge. He shot the player in his own driveway, "The officer told investigators he fired his weapon several times at Foley after the athlete stepped out of his vehicle on the quiet, upscale cul-de-sac of Travertine Court, and reached into his pants." The whole thing sounds fishy, how is it, that in traveling ten miles, in California, not one other police vehicle made the scene before the shooting or while the officer was following him?? Hmm....You know what that ish sounds like to me. Big black guy in nice car, big black guy gets out car, big black guy goes in pocket, you know the rest of the story. Foley's injuries do not appear to be life threatening at this stage, though he was shot in the leg, arm and chest.

We had a mini-family reunion over the weekend, it was nice, lots of food, quality time with the relatives and all that good stuff.
I still have not come up with a topic for my seminar, I thinks its only because once I pick my topic, I gotta start my research.
Does enjoying a good game of Scrabble make a brotha a Nerd? I say no!!! I'd rather play Scrabble over Spades.........anytime.
Why does the University of Memphis Football teams offense playcalls remind you of peewee football??? I can't go to games if the lameness continues.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter