Thursday, September 14, 2006

Clueless

I be darn I still don't know what I am doing my seminar paper on. Ridiculous. I gotta submit my topic in the morning. Here I sit.....no topic. I should get in the cut for my indecisiveness. I just don't know. It must be related to Federal Discrimination, but I wanted to do something fresh. I was thinking of some post 9/11 topic, but that would be too much work. I am ashamed to say what I will likely end up writing about. Yea......the easier route. I know that sucks but oh well.
I am thrilled to see that Colin Powell has come out against the President on how to legally treat captured prisoners of the so-called war on terror. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/14/washington/15detaincnd.html?_r=1&oref=login Here is the letter he drafted. http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/terrorism/powellmccain91406ltr.html
Here's a good article on more U.S. manipulation of facts. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5346524.stm
Gas price going down, everyone is so excited. It's like your mom making a cake, and giving you the bowl. We still getting screwed. Holla at me when it drops down to about $1.50 a gallon. If, and I stress if it does, I'll......uh....I'll come up with something outrageous to do.
Will someone tell our youth that this ish aint cute.........

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suggestion for seminar paper topic:

1) a couple years after the institution of the federal sentencing guidelines...has there been empirical data (maybe www.sentencingproject.org has some data) on whether the statute has been effective in curtailing the historical result of disproportionate sentencing (jury and judge) on minorities populations who are presented to jury or judge with aggravating and mitigating factors similar to white Americans who have historically receive lower sentencing.

Maybe even do a comparative study (see www.sentencing-guidelines.gov.uk).

Okay, I only have one idea now. I must go...food is done and I have promised to share food with my South African and Indonesian colleagues.

Vanessa

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look over it. I don't want to have to do too much research on this project......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter