Thursday, March 15, 2007

To Torture Part Deux

A while back I touched on the topic of torture that our country has been engaging in at Guantanamo and or contracting to other nations. http://spikezee.blogspot.com/2006/09/to-torture.html
Allegedly, we've detained many high value Al Qaida targets and need to get valuable info out of them. One such person has admitted "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z,”. I think he also admitted he was the Zodiac Killer, and he has admitted to creating the MLG&W VIP list and he has the missing money for the Fed Ex Arena parking garage. Here is the article, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/15/AR2007031500865.html?sub=AR
Anyway, sarcasm aside, in that previous post I recommended watching a movie called The Siege with Denzel Washington. I found a clip that I thought was pretty strong against the case of torture. In the scene, he interrupts a torture session being done by the military. He says quite alot in that one scene.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw The Seige a few years ago. It gave me chills because it was made before 9/11 but I saw it after. It was almost like the film was a premonition about what was going to happen.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

Yes. The fact the movie was made pre-9/11 makes that movie and the issues presented that much more powerful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter