Friday, August 10, 2007

Da Movies

I was looking at some old black movie last night. Movies back then were so damn stereotypical as it related to black folk. You know, pimps, hoes and thugs. Not to say all were like that, there were a few positive junts. So with that, I unveil my top three black movies for drama, action comedy and romance.
Drama Number 3 Glory
Number 2 Eve's Bayou
Number 1 John Q
Honorable Mention for best drama would be Boyz in Da Hood, Menace II Society, Do The Right Thing and Bamboozled (not too sure how to classify that movie).
Best Action Movies
Number 3 Enemy of the State
Number 2 Bad Boys
Number 1 Training Day
Comedy
Number 3 A Piece of the Action
Number 2 Friday
Number 1 I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
I had to add anutha clip..
Romance
Number 3 Love and Basketball
Number 2 Love Jones
Number 1 The Best Man

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Z, How did Coming to AMerica NOT make the comedy list.... That was the funniest ever...

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday I watched The River Niger with James Earl Jones, Cissely Tyson, and a boat load of other outstanding black actors. Next time you're in Walgreens, look in the dollar bend. That's where I found mine :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

Yo KT.....I must admit, Coming to America is a classic. Eddie yelling "In D Face" at the basketball game was classic.

Anonymous, I guess I'll have to start looking in those little bends, normally there are a bunch of B rated movies in those junts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter