Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Pubbin

I saw this logo and had to have one. And no....not in a damn tank top.
So after doing a little research I found the creator of the logo. OmniPeace. OmniPeace branded products unite people throughout the world in an effort to end extreme poverty in Africa by 2025. 50% of the proceeds from the sale of these products are donated to Millennium Promise. MILLENNIUM PROMISE is a non-profit organization founded by economist and global anti-poverty crusader, Dr. Jeffrey Sachs. Their goal is to end extreme poverty by 2025. Their mission is to work village by village in Africa, to empower the poor with the skills and tools they need to pull themselves out of poverty and become self sustainable after 5 years. A worthy goal I believe. And yes, I found me a shirt. For more info, visit, http://www.omni-peace.com/

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I appreciate the goal of ending extreme world hunger, I'm a little put off by the idea that only 50% of the profit is going to the cause. It wouldn't be so upsetting if the shirts were $20, but they are relatively expensive ($65). I mean, these are t-shirts we're talking about -an article of clothing that is easy to manufacture and reproduce. Something just doens't feel right about them pocketing over $30 per t-shirt sold. Part of me feels like the panhandler who snickers at the quarter dropped in his cup, ungrateful for the contribution. However, another part of me feels as though this campaign is merely a self-serving scheme at making more money.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

You have a very valid point. I admit, what drew me to the shirt was the design. I thought the design was fly. After I tracked down the maker, I learned of the cause. Luckily I didnt pay $65.00 for mines. But you know everything is a hustle these days, someones gonna make some money. I was trying to figure out why I didn't come up with the design. I feel you though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter