Monday, June 25, 2007

Chatter

It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under...
I need to find me a little island to lay low on. Distractions seem to be coming from everywhere. Some of which I must say, I create on my own.
I hear the program that helped get me in law school is on its last leg. It's an awful shame. Got WB's holding down seats that could easily go to a deserving minority. It's now supposed to be based on one's financial background. You know that fine and dandy, but the program contributed a large majority of the school's minority students. I'd like to see how this incoming class looks. I could be wrong.
I didn't know white folks did the "Electric Slide" until this weekend. What a sight.
What do you do when a DJ plays a song laced with the N-bomb in a place that's 95 percent non-black. Hmm......act like you don't hear it?
On a more serious note...
The criminal justice system never ceases to amaze me. I was in court the other day when I finally concluded that the system is a tool, no...., black folk, no....black men have empowered the system to become a major income earning platform for those who are smart enough to get in the game. I say that because on any given morning, each courtroom has up to 20-25 brothas in court for various reasons, whether it be a parole violation hearing, arraignment, bond hearing, whatever the case may be their azzes are lined up in court like a freaking plantation. In with one out with the other. Everybody is making money on their azzes, from the high to the low powered attorneys, from the bail bondsmen to the sheriff's deputies, to the off-duty officers that have to appear in court. Bump that CRIME does pay, and it pays a whole lot of folk. We black folk sho know how to create economic opportunities. And don't get me wrong, black attorneys get their share of the pie. But that is not the point. These brothas fall into the trap, some fall willingly, and others just get caught up. Some walk in court all proud with their pants falling off their azzes, talking bout doing their time like a man, while their lawyer who can barely remember (or pronounce) the clients name does the bare minimum in representing him, all the while making sure he was paid cash before walking in court. It's all kind of sickening. It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under...
I thought this was an interesting article on internet speed...http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-speed26jun26,0,1941886.story
Cross hold it down in Amsterdam, get at me when u get back. Be safe.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see this story about NY human righs attorney and his attorney wife being attacked by NYPD's finest: http://nyc.indymedia.org/en/2007/06/87543.shtml?

You be safe my brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter