Saturday, May 26, 2007

Doin What It Do

Got a chance to hang with the crew. It's really good to see everyone still moving forward, considering where we started. Sitting in class back in the day daydreaming and telling stories about what we gonna have and what we gonna do when we get older. We still have a ways to go, but we're still on the path. Let's see, Dee the "Comedian", J-Fo, Spike and C-Loc. Is that not the universal brotha pose, didn't nobody have to tell us to throw up the deuces. We almost lost our lives when Dee flying the darn plane in the dark tried to land it on top of our heads.
I got a chance to peep out Erykah Badu last night. She is one talented sista. I dunno if I prefer concerts out here or in the south. Not knocking Diego, but concerts in the south seem so much more soulful. I think I was probably one of a handful of black folk at the show. The majority were white and latino, oh and a Korean dude wit dreadlocks, YES, dreadlocks. Had the nerve to be kind of long too. It wasn't working though, it just looked like a nappy mess, I wanted to take a pic but, anyway. Maybe I'm just hating. Anyway, it was like Badu was jamming but the two latino chicks next to me were killing my flow. You know how at majority black shows, folks sing along (in rhythm) and everyone is vibing. Well, that aint how it went down. Then, Badu was trying to get the soul clap going, yea....forget it. Nonetheless it was kool, getting a chance to see her perform, Badu is tight no doubt.
Had to end this wit a little flow from Badu...Enjoy.
Ok damn, I couldn't resist...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter