Saturday, April 28, 2007

UnbeWeavable

I know I will catch some heat with that title, but...ok.
I am not gonna lie, I have a hard time determining whether a sister is sporting a weave or not unless its really cheap. Women on the other hand can spot a weave in a hot second.
Personally, I could care less whether a sista chooses to rock a weave or not. It's her head you know. But I came up on this article, which takes the analysis of the weave and the black woman to a whole nutha level. "By wearing weaves and wigs, black women can become the type of woman society doesn't otherwise expect them to be. But do these counter-identities lead to empowerment or self-loathing?" Sounds deep....ya think? Read the article. http://www.alternet.org/story/48280/
Rush Limbaugh's fat azz has been playing what I consider a racist song. It depicts Al Sharpton hating on Barack Obama. It's called "Barack the Magic Negro". Yeah...
Good luck with finals to all of ya'll at Mem-Law, and UTK-Law. Knock dem ishes out!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter