Monday, April 23, 2007

Revoke, Revise, Realize

So bottom line is this, its back to the study hall for me. My head is bloody but unbowed. It was hard slowly scrolling down the list of names, observing classmates names as I made it down to the letter S (for Spike) and not seeing it there. You know, I kind of prepared myself just in case, but to actually not see my name there, kind of stung. I did one of those look backs to make sure I didn't somehow skip it. But it wasn't there. So I marinated on the reality of it all for a moment. Tic Tic Tic.
So there it was. Obviously you did not put enough effort and time into it cause you came up short. Looks like you are going to have to put even more time and effort into it....No doubt.
It's all kind of like having a play drawn up for you in the time out. Down by two with second left on the clock. Whistle blows, and everyone executes the play, the ball makes into my hands, and with a hand in my face I take the would be winning shot.....it looks good leaving my hand, the release felt perfect........and as the clock expires the ball hits the front of the rim and bounces off of the backboard and down onto the floor. I came up short. Doesn't mean the play wont be drawn up again, doesn't mean I'm not gonna take another shot again.
So its back to the gym, excuse me, library. Gots to put in more work to be more prepared for my next opportunity. Aint ish I ever pursued come easy and I aint ever quit anything I put my mind to. God willing in July it goes down.
Malcolm X once said, ""Anytime you see someone more successful than you are, they are doing something you aren't." Yo, I feel you.

4 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your head up!!! I dont know if I will grind it out again yet, but I'll holla at you if I do.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love you

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

Trina, go for it again. Don't give up. Hit me when you get a chance.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Repost: I posted this by mistake under the topic - "I Did".

Dr. Zee, don't give up Dude!!! - I need representation!!!
------------------------

"The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from under me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, 'It's a slip and not a fall.'" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Stay on the path....

peace - rw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter