Friday, April 27, 2007

LOC

Naw, I aint referring to being LOC'ed out...Cali slang for being out of control (clean version) . It's actually refers to LeMoyne-Owen College, the local HBCU in Memphis.......Uh....Historically Black College and University., http://www.tnstate.edu/library/digital/lemoyne.htm
LeMoyne over the past few years has gone through some serious financial difficulties. I would say mostly due to poor fiscal management. Nonetheless, there is serious concerns that one of the oldest institutions in the state may be forced to close its doors and or lose it accreditation.
LeMoyne graduates have contributed greatly to this City. I am not gonna do a roll call of its graduates, but I would say that quite a many graduates have done fine work with Memphis City Schools, as LeMoyne has produced many educators.
All that to say, that tomorrow,(Saturday), there will be a Town hall meeting on Campus to discuss the future of LOC. For more info call 901.435.1526
Caught an excellent program on P.B.S. the other night. Bill Moyers Journal: Buying the War. It pointed out how the mainstream basically co-signed on the war and how it failed to do its homework as it relates to the rationale of going to war with Iraq. Look it up and see when it will air again. In the meanwhile here is a clip. Oh, you can read this as well, good piece written by Frank Rich of the NY Times, http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/042907E.shtml
So I am opening my mail today, BAR breakdown.............talking bout having a foot in the door. All I could do was smile and give thanks to God. That close?? Yep.
So I get in the car after peeping my scores and what's playing. Talk about reading my mind.......excuse the explicit lyrics...

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your score was so close to your goal, can you challege your score?

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

Challenge my score...I do that by mastering more of the material and passing on the next go round.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter