Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bounced

So I figured I needed some rejuvenation, some re-energizing and re-focusing before I get back in study mode. What better place to do that? London, England, or maybe Rome, Italy? Ooooh wait, yes, Negril, Jamaica. Now that is the business. But then reality kicked me in the shin, well ok, that and the fact that my checking account was on low. So I had to limit myself to somewhere close.........so lets see now........
Decided to go visit the fam in Daygo. I would do one of those Bush/Cheney surprise trips to Iraq, not telling anyone that I was coming, just hopping on a plane, jumping in a car, and pulling up in the driveway.
The plan worked out well. Time to relax.
Last week I had a chance to meet someone who I think has played a part in black history. Though I do not personally agree with his politics, I can't disregard the impact he has had on black folk. His organization has reformed many and in some cases totally rehabilitated others. To some he is worthy of praise and to others much criticism. I am speaking of Minister Louis Farrakhan. He was in town to speak to a local congregation. He was looking for a low key place to watch the De La Hoya v. Merriwether fight. I just happened to be in that quiet place he was searching for. He was very very cordial and soft spoken. Not exactly what I would have expected, but I was able to chat with him on some issues as if he was one of the boys.
I enjoyed seeing all of those white ladies in show up in force at City Hall to protest crime in their neighborhood. I like the fact that when they get fed up, they unite and ride out to the powers that be demanding action. Now, I am waiting on the hood to get pissed off and unite, either that or take back their neighborhoods. Naw, that aint gonna happen cause we don't snitch or act when we see ish. Speaking of.....
Did you see this video? An old guy in Detroit was carjacked while onlookers just stood by while he was pummeled. It was quite pathetic. I know nowadays cats be strapped but, there were at least three or four people just watching while the guy was beat.
Let's see, today I leave you with a reading assignment. http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2007/05/17/loyalty/

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter