Saturday, May 05, 2007

Runnin Off

Where shall I start? On an upbeat note or shall I go negative early? Hmm.....I say negative first.
Using my lil sister's favorite quote, (WTF?) is up with these skinny azz white dudes running down the street half azz naked, mid-day, so-called jogging? Yo it's disgusting, put some damn clothes on dude. I swear I am going to start carrying a sack of rocks in my car so the next time I see one, I can unload a few rocks and see how fast the cat can really run.
So you have a few cops robbing suspected drug dealers. Is that really wrong? Perhaps...But say the cop robs the drug dealer of all his cash, he keeps half of the dirty loot and donates the other half to a victim's assistance program. Does that act somehow wash the other hand? Hey, I am just asking?
Memphis Light Gas and Water and Joseph Lee. I am sick of the media coverage, particularly over the arrangements to have his legal fees paid by MLG&W. Some are complaining because it is their tax money paying the $60,000 tab. You know what, get over it. Our tax dollars, oh and our kids, future kids, future kids tax dollars are being wasted in our occupation in Iraq. What is it at now, three hundred billion or more? And you crying bout $60 g's.
You know how you can hear a fresh beat and instantly get to moving your head? No? Dang, ok lets try it, click play...
Hopefully you are with me now. The same way a tight beat can switch your state of mind, so too can eloquent speech. I generally cut C-SPAN on during the morning hours to catch a brief summary of national news. Of late, the discussion topics have been good last minute snore material. However, Friday morning, while attempting to begin that last minute snooze, I heard one hell of an articulate brotha breaking some ish down. My eyes popped wide open and my brain started percolating. I looked for the remote and sat up to be enlightened. The brotha was Princeton's Professor Eddie Gluade Jr. The Morehouse educated brotha was breaking it down on a variety of issues. He put to use one good hour of discussion and left me feeling quite motivated. He basically called out on our generation to be a voice. To be a voice in whatever game you are in. I could not agree more with him. (The following was edited out so as not to offend some at _____). Mr. Glaude has recently released a book, "In a Shade of Blue: Pragmatism and the Politics of Black Americaā€¯. If you would like to view his appearance on C-Span, I got you....you know I did...its an hour long. Pay attention.... rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/wj050407_glaude.rm . If you don't have Real Player, here is another link, scroll to bottom and click on Eddie Gluade. http://www.c-span.org/videoarchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100
Now this is another clip of the Professor and Al Sharton going at it on the issue of those of us who did not march with Martin and did not stand post for Malcolm but who nonetheless can be leaders of this generation. The whole elder leader vs. the young folk crew. Some good stuff.
A lil Bill Maher clip....http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Play/16976/1/RealTime-French.wmv/
Big up's to the spring law graduates at U-M and UTK Law. Yea, even the How High Crew...oops that was so wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter