Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Transitions

After that last post, a brotha is lookin for a lil humor. That video below is still a little troubling. Hard to transition into anything else.
Met up with one of my old classmates and kicked it. We ended up at the Comedy Store in La Jolla. It was open mic night and one of our mutual friends was performing. Dude had told us earlier in the day that it was gonna be a good show tonight, so I was kind of looking forward to it. However, I knew we were in trouble when we arrived to find about 12 folk in the audience. Half of which were fok waiting to perform. Not wanting to leave our friend hanging, we sat on down, but I was like dude we gots to bounce if this is lame. So the comedians started performing and it was awful, I could hear the crickets chirping after their lame lines. There was one chick in the audience though that laughing loud and at every stale routine, but I think she was on that purple so......
So our guy gets on stage, we tried to get hype for him, until he decided he wanted to point us out. So I ducked low, didn't even want him to see the bored look on my face. He was actually had the best performance of the night, though it was not the Def Jam. I give all those folk props for even having the courage ot walk on the stage, I would not even attempt to walk on stage, hell, I aint funny anyway.
The biggest laugh of the night did not occur in the club, as we left the comedy club, each of us silent as we walked to our cars, upon reaching the cars, we looked at each other and bust out laughing, blaming each other for not getting the heck out of there after the first stale comedian left the stage.
I started warming up for round two today.
No lie, if I still lived here I would be one Bus pushin brotha......no lie either that or Huffy....member those?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter