Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flippin Along

So I'm doing my normal flipping of the stations while I attempt to jump start my brain for studying when I get to the black VH-1 station, (the one with the oak tree with the afro emblem.) Anyway, it was showing "The Life of Lisa "Lefteye" Lopes", the young lady from the group TLC. She had gone to Honduras and was documenting what turned out to be her last thirty days on earth. Cameras were rolling in the vehicle she was driving when she lost her life. I guess what kept me tuned was how Lisa was simply trying to find herself. She found fame, a lil fortune but it did not fulfill her soul, and how she was simply trying to feed her soul something meaningful up to the time of her death.
While I am on music, R. Kelly......he is so out of control, will he be the Marvin Gaye of R and B? Hmmm, marinate on that.
I see some of the local preachers have decided to wise up and take on the issue of crime in the community. Not that they have been reading any of my past posts but it is about time they address this issue. New Direction got a little press last week as they rolled through Hickory Hood, cleaning up and painting over graffiti . Now a new group has stepped up to the plate as they plan to revitalize neighborhood watch campaigns and aggressively target gang-related graffiti. Now aint that what I been asking yall to do? You know, maybe they have been reading. http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local/article/0,2845,MCA_25340_5583117,00.html Let's stay on top of this and see how it goes.
My legal hero of the month, U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton. He's got balls of titanium. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070614/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cia_leak_trial_27
I don't feel like talking bout the occupation but here is a pretty good article, just makes u shake your head in disgust. Two quotes from the article, "The Army and Marines scrape and scratch and scheme and pay big bucks and beguile high school dropouts, even those with criminal records, in their efforts to recruit enough young men and women to replace the casualties and those who are leaving the service" "The administration doesn't want you to worry about any of this. It's summertime, shopping time, surf's up. Head for the beach and bury your heads in the sand." To read the article in its entirety, http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/17364140.htm
I'll let John Stewart end this one, http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Play/18385/1/TDS-Iraq-ArmingSunnis.wmv/

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so... since you have been "telling" others that something should be done to to combat crime, have you been out there on the "front lines" attempting to make your mark in the fight against crime?

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

I'm working on that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter