Thursday, August 02, 2007

Get Money

So I'm sitting here counting my dividends when I see that the Army is offering new enlistees $20,000 dollars cash if they sign on for two years, $25,000 for three years and a maximum of $40,000 if they enlist for four to six years. Damn that is the lick. I'm straight hyped on that. I can show use that cash. Well actually......my family could show use it for my funeral expenses when I return from Iraq in a body bag.
I wonder since enlistment is down, and those who are already enlisted are on their third and fourth tours with little or no down time, why isn't there any talk of bringing back the draft. Or as I have suggested before, why aren't those Young Republicans that love to call folk like me unpatriotic (they wanted me for their army or whatever, picture me giving a damn I said never...Here is a land that never gave a damn About a brother like me....They could not understand that I'm a Black man And I could never be a veteran...Chuck D) breaking records enlisting. Now don't take that the wrong way, a many black folk have for a long time enlisted, obtained a skill and in some cases a lifelong career. But right now, in these days, with the current occupation, the odds of you obtaining that career or getting maimed or killed in Iraq looking 50/50. I aint no gambling man, so...damn them 20 g's.
Damn, you telling me I've been getting pimped with the bottled water thing. Thinking I'm sipping on some pristine source of water, the whole time I'm sucking down tap water. I could have just filled a bottle up from the faucet or a regular water fountain. I'm glad to see brotha Wilkins has filed a class action suit against the bottle water makers. http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-morrison2aug02,0,1198210.column?coll=la-opinion-columnists
Though the media has been somewhat silent about the matter, there is an arsonist at large in Memphis. This particular arsonist is targeting abandoned homes, in particular abandoned homes which are actually used as crack houses. Over a hundred houses have been torched. I guess, I'm trying to figure out whether dude needs to be arrested or should his actions be looked upon as something like community service? I'm not too sure, so long as no one is injured either in the fire or putting it out, an argument might be made that dude is ridding the community of urban blight. I dunno?
The media can report what they want about polls and the Mayor's race. I recognize that Dr. Herenton has pissed some folk off, but at the end of the day, I think people recognize he's done a good job with this city. All of his moves may not have been the right move, but no one gets it right all the time. I'm not an apologist on his behalf, but personally, I think he has been good for the City. Nonetheless, it will be an interesting race no doubt though.
This goes out to all the little knuckle heads, standing on the corners, looking for or starting up trouble. Oh...viewer discretion is advised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter