Sunday, January 27, 2008

Addicted

Ok ok, I can no longer deny it. Yes, I have an addiction. I'm addicted to "The Wire". It's a show I refrained from watching because it seemed too urban, too hood, just another urban show exploiting all the ills of the black community. It wasn't until my winter break, bored, that I by chance decided to watch an episode. I was blown away. This was about the realist urban show I'd ever seen. I watched every episode I could find on Demand.
Since I stared watching midway through the fourth season, I had to find someone who had the previous seasons on DVD. Luckily, my trusted cousin came through. So I think spent two days glued to the t.v., bringing myself up to speed.
What's the show about? Wow. Everything. From street level drug dealers fighting for more territory, to public corruption, to police juking the stats, to the struggles of a school system, the show mixes it all into one story line. It's absolutely brilliant. It's funny though that this show has yet to win any awards. Great acting and great story lines. And the bad thing is, it's absolutely realistic. From how drugs make it into the urban cities to how politicians find themselves getting caught up with durty money. Any way, I found a few clips for your viewing pleasure. Don't get addicted, I'm not trying to get you sprung. Selling Out Your Boy
Homicide detective breaks it down to murder suspect
Senator finding out he's being investigated
The Kids...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter