Monday, March 13, 2006

Pop a Pill & Chill

I sense finals approaching, my attitude changes like the seasons when final exams get near. How jacked up is it that I have three 3 hour exams on three straight days. How in the heck am I going to study for that?

I gotta put my two cents in on the efforts by some here in Memphis to recall Mayor W.W. Herenton. I think it is a waste of time to be honest. Herenton has done a pretty good job overall in his capacity as Mayor. The City is in the middle of some financial woes, not all of which are the results of the Mayor's mis-management. Cities throughout the country are suffering, having to make layoffs and cutting city services. Mostly due to a messed up economy. When Federal government gives the states less, the states give the cities less. Memphis has come a long way under the Mayor's leadership, so you if you choose to hate on him, you also have to give him credit for some positive moves made during his term. I am the first to admit, I have questioned some of his moves, but I still think the good outweighs the negative. The recall is simply a chance for some folk to go after the mayor for personal reasons, race too is a factor for some, and some people are simply enjoying the press they are getting as the so-called recall leader.
My solution is if you are unhappy with the Mayor, his terms is ending soon, you will have the opportunity to defeat him in the voting booth. Get a life recallers before you too earn a hoe sit down award.

Why the hell gas prices going back up??? Got damn I need a scooter. I see people bitching at the pump but no one knows what to do. Personally, I am gasing up at Citgo. CITGO is a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of the Venezuelan national oil company that over the winter sold heating oil at discounted rates to low-income communities in the U.S. Hugo Chavez is also president of Venezuela who of late has been calling out Bush and talking shiznitt about him. Gotta like him. If gas prices continue to go up I'm gonna have to become an Ice Cream man. (think Masta P, uhhh)

No, that aint my car.........

I guess that's all for now, back to the books I go.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

Thanks for the visit. Germany representing, that's all good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter