Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Damn, Erybody Gots a Gun

Guns, guns, guns, everybody has a gun. Everybody does not need a gun. More fools have guns than responsible people do. Gun violence is out of control, not only in the hood, but in the suburbs, deep in the suburbs, if you consider Amish country the burbs. I know, everyone except felons have the right to own a gun, but.............felons have guns anyway.
How is it that guns are so easy to pick up on the streets. It's was too easy, I did it just to see how easy one can come up on a weapon. (Duh, I turned it in) You have kids taking guns to school on a regular basis, they claim they need protection......given the state of our schools, that might be true, nonetheless, its not acceptable.
Jiggas pull triggas with no remorse...a bullet can't come back when the trigga pulla changes his mind.
Gun control, the NRA has a kick azz lobby in D.C., aint no major gun legislation getting passed no time soon. Hey Bubba, what do you need an Uzi for to hunt squirrel? As a child, my folks took me to shooting ranges, actually the mountains of California. But those experiences did not make me want to pack heat when I strolled to the grocery store. It did not make me run to the nearest pawn shop to start my gun collection.
Can a brotha be a gun collect? I guess.......do you.
I guess the question is, how the hell do all of these guns make it into the inner city? Who's making guns in Orange Mound? Are they delivered by truck? Is there a secret gun swap meet in Hickory Hill?
Sure, people need to protect themselves and their property. You need a gun in your home? Cool, that's reasonable, but do you need 6? Can't shoot them all at once can you?
Back when I had a real job, I was made privy to the location where MPD stores all of the weapons it confiscates. I was amazed by how many guns are actually taken off the streets. But the confiscated weapons are by far outnumbered by the many guns that remain on the streets daily. How do you get the illegal weapons off the streets? Give free Grizzley tickets and turkeys to those who drop a gun off? Doesn't work. People just drop off the worse gun in their illegal collection to cobtain the loot.
Oh damn, I did not conclude with a potential solution........nope.......I am clueless too...but click on this maybe collectively we can come up with something http://www.bradycampaign.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter