Thursday, November 02, 2006

We Are Da Champions

Last night, the fellas won the Law League Intramural Championship, knocking out the Pink Pansies,(Hey, Bluebook this itch.) We are back to back champions!! Our Ladies team almost pulled off the upset as well. You all had a great season nonetheless!
You know, while on the field competing we get to see the other sides of each other. It's not the intellectual, courteous, friendly side that is exuded out there. It's the, this is how I am when I am with my peers type of personality that is displayed there. Everyone who knows me, knows I am a competitor and will talk you out of your game if you let me. It's never personal, and my team mates can back me up on that. If you you lack in skills on the field, I am gonna tell you. If I happen to get in your head, that's just a part of the game. It's funny though, cause it aint even that serious, you know, with papers, and exams, and other stuff pending, its just an outlet. But..............
To Napoleon Dynamite, if you see these words.....my mom's aint gotta be a itch......You don't even know me son. Matter of fact, I did not even speak to you last night. But hey, I sit a few rows down from you, I aint to hard too find......You lucky Los pulled my collar.
This may seem a little juvenile, but since I was about winning the game last night, I could not have responded to the statement the way I wanted to respond, I would have been ejected from the game. Cooler heads prevailed, but that was not even called for. You don't talk about no black man's mom (did I inject race?). Don't you know that's how folk in the hood come up missing?
Now that I have released that, on to other more important things.......
Got my vote on today. Talk about a lack of options. I swear Jr., if successful in his bid for the Senate, he better change the way he votes on the issues. Be a Democrat why don't ya? If the Repubs retain control of both Houses, its gonna be scary.
Cohen or Jake Ford? Come on be for real..........
Military Commission Act, read it yet? Here is an interesting read http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/columns/pressingissues_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003345862
"Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act."
"What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things ? every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work, Senator, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter