Monday, January 01, 2007

Graduation

On Dec. 16th, I finished my legal studies and participated in the U-M graduation ceremony. It has/was been an experience. I recognize though that I did not do it alone and there are many many individuals that helped get me to this point. I didn't walk the stage alone on graduation day.
It has been a long, tough, bumpy, frustrating, eye-opening, stressful, many sleepless nites in these three years. I learned alot about myself. It was not all torture, there were a few happy days in between. As I have said before, law school is a lot like pledging and being online. Except you are on line three years. Hell week began a week before exams and ended when grades were posted.
I give thanks to God for guiding me and blessing me during these years.
I give thanks to my parents and sisters for being there and supporting me.
I give thanks to my God-Mother for her support and inspiration.
I am thankful to my many mentors for their stories and their encouragement.
I give thanks to my classmates who together we challenged each other, while remembering we were in it together.
I give thanks to my inner circle. Ya'll know who you be!
I give thanks to my friends who stood behind me, with kinds words and support when my nerves were on edge.
I give thanks to the students who graduated before me and left books, outlines, study cards and gave advice when it was needed.
I am thankful for the TIP program. No doubt.
To all of you who have sent kind words the past two weeks while I was away, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
The Ceremony.
The Crew
The Fam
The Reception - Big Ups to Zanzibar.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sent a shot out to The Crew at my blog: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=100318575&MyToken=46bb2337-48a2-4d5f-9de4-e9214b509f08ML

Much love,

Vanessa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter