Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ranting Like a Rockstar

Are schitlins the black man's caviar? Think about it...
So I'm registering folk to vote for the upcoming local elections. I never fully realized just how many black folk are unable to vote due to their being convicted of a felony. In under two hours while in Blackhaven I met about 30 brothas who are currently ineligible to vote. I do believe the state has a policy in place to restore one's right to vote, but I don't know whether many are aware or even care to get the right back.
The Memphis School Board voted to shut down Yo Memphis Academy, a local charter school. I couldn't disagree more with the board's decision. I think Dr. Milam has done a good job with the program. It's my understanding that the kids could pass the Algebra portion of the TCAP the past two years. I dunno...seeing how far some of those kids have come, would be reason enough for me to press for continued progress, instead they shut them down. To my friends on the board, you blew this one, can't wait to see you at the waterhole.
I've been catching a little flack for the lack of substance in my past few posts. Can I not give my brain a break from all the serious stuff and just have a little fun?
Speaking of, sitting here watching VH-1 Soul, where is Adina Howard....I bought that CD just for the cover alone.
So then, I'm watching my new show Top Chef, rooting on my brother Tre. The episode challenge was to come up with a dish for the late night partier. So I was immediately thinking something involving grits. No sooner than the thought come to mind, the brotha Tre says, "I'm gonna do cheddar grits with bacon wrapped scrimps." And with that creation, he actually won the challenge for the week. The show is actually helping a brotha with his culinary (my new word) skills.
Ok, I know I am tripping, but in Star Wars III, why in the hell did Samuel Jackson go confront the Chancellor with the weakest damn Jedi's. What were they Jedi interns or something? Got his azz kilt fooling around.
Ok ok....I admit I'm a lil uh... sleepy, I wanna end with this....the democrats punked out two weeks ago when they authorized this administration to spy on us, and when the gubment admitted that spy satellites will now be used against U.S. citizens, and after Padilla, a former Taco Bell employee, known also as the durty bomb terrorist who was held for two years without given his rights under the constitution, and who while held was tortured, and who confessed to every crime that has gone unsolved and who went to trial not for the durty bomb but on some other bs charges and who was recently found guilty, well why don't you read about it, there are some very interesting legal questions...I mean it could be you detained on some bs...
Read the article...http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0815/p08s02-comv.html and http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0815/p01s08-usju.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter