Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ernest Withers

I'm still around...yea...BAR.
I was sad to learn that Mr. Ernest Withers passed this week at the age of 85. I have always admired him. He was a man who saw a lot of things behind the lens of his camera. Talking to him was like talking to a historian. I was lucky to be in his presence several times when he shared his moments with Dr. King, and about his own life growing up in Memphis. In actuality he was a historian, he was present during that era and spent time with several civil rights legends of that.
Here are just a few of his timeless shots Jackie Robinson Sanitation workers strike in Memphis. My favorite. James Brown Our Memphis Zoo Dr. King when stopped while headed to Medgar Evans funeral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter