Sunday, March 19, 2006

Joy of Victory.......Agony of Defeat

My boys at San Diego State came up short in its attempt to knock out Indiana in the NCAA tourney, it was a tough loss. They played hard leading throughout, but inexperience and turnovers allowed Indiana to take them out with a last second shot. I was sitting there praying dude missed the shot. My boy Mo shined. Though basketball in a team sport, I think he opened some eyes with his play. Good job man.
Big ups to Hamilton High School's basketball team winning the Tennessee State Championship going undefeated this season at 39-0! They damn near got cheated in the Championship game by the referees who I swear appeared to be on the take. Hamilton survived double overtime and the refs to pull out the victory. Had Hamilton lost, I think there would have been a riot in the arena because there was waaaaay too much South Memphis in the house. The bad calls were so obvious it was like a game of five on eight. Since my little brother has played at Hamilton for the last three years, I had to chance to watch the boys on the team progress and it was very satisfying to see all of there hard work and efforts pay off. I hope the seniors on that team including my lil bro continue their success as they move on to play college ball.
On the poliical tip, looks like the Justice Department attempted to coach its witnesses in violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility and other ethical standards. How is it that those accused of either being a terrorist or conspiring with a terrorist can be guaranteed a fair trial in this country. Makes you wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter