Monday, February 11, 2008

Obsessed? No.

It's not that I am obsessed with the Occupation, cause I'm not. I'm simply disgusted everytime I hear about that a soldier died, or some Iraqi civilians have been killed. You know its f'd up when you have to estimate how many civilians have dies, numbers ranging from 680,000 to 1,000,000. All on account of our so-called war on terror. Some absolute bullshit. That's the Iraq war, Afghanistan might have been called for. But that's the forgotten one. Last I checked, it was said we were losing ground there. Any way, if you feel like being disgusted some, watch this brief two minute film on the cost of the occupation. You wonder why we are in a recession?
"The continued ambivalence of the American population as a whole toward the war in Iraq, perhaps best manifested by the superficiality of the slogan "Support the Troops," all the while remaining ignorant of what the troops are actually doing, has led to a similar amnesia among politicians all too willing to allow themselves to seek political advantage at the expense of American life and treasure." Scott Ritter, The Truth Is, Iraq's Future Is Abysmal. Click here to read the rest of the article.
And if you have been keeping up with the whole waterboarding issue, I aint even gonna type anything, I think I shared my thoughts on it months back. But....this scene here says it all. Powerful aint it.....Shred the constitution?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter