Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Poverty Rate Rises........for real?

As if we did not know this already. It's the fourth consecutive year it has increased. Say it aint so? You already know Blacks had the lowest median income, while those hard working Asians had the highest median. Take a look at the article in today's Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/30/AR2005083000613.html?sub=AR

My prayers go out to the families who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina. The hurricane did extensive damage in several states and the impact is sure to be felt for several years. I can not fathom a home being swallowed up by flood water. It looks like there will be very many lives lost, considering rescue efforts are not quite fully operational. There is really no telling who is missing at this time. This is turning into a very huge national disaster. Why the news showing niccas looting already? I know there are some white folk out there looting. Ok, I am gonna be real, I can understand looting for water, soda, Snickers, peanut butter, diapers, formula, canned goods shit like that. Looting for items like this, I say loot on. I can't back my peeps out there running round with slacks, fresh white t's, dvd's and plasma screen tvs'. But peeps will be peeps regardless of how crucial the situation is. Hell, I might even jack a boat shop for a couple of rafts since aint gonna be any driving goin on any time soon. I guess my point is, situations like this are supposed to bring out the best in ALL OF us. Then is looks like the situation in the Superdome is deteriorating, four shootings outside the dome, and one suicide inside. Toilets are jacked inside and aint no air. We talking bout 10,000 of us inside that place? Little bad azz kids running round too. The people inside can't go anywhere, and because the roof is leaking, they have got to find somewhere for those people to go. Once again, I can't even imagine. Latino dude? Better be food in the bag.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger DJ Diva said...

damn...if I could ...I would be slapping you five right now. I'm cosigning...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter