Thursday, September 29, 2005

By Chance?

My blues ain't shit to others. The daily issues that have me frowning, are nothing compared to others. That's something I gotta think about when I get frustrated.
I got an e-mail from a young lady I used to hang with back in undergrad. Man, we have not spoken, seen each other or talked in years. The e-mail starts by saying she doubts I will get the letter in time, but she wanted to confide in a friend that she always believed was straight up with her. She goes on to tell me that in Nov., she will be headed to Iraq, and that she is scared, and in her heart she believes we should not even be there, but that it is out of her control.
You know its strange, cause as I was finding other things to do but read for class, something told me to check my old e-mail address. I don't even check that account, but maybe once every two months or so. Her letter was sent on the 27th, when I was dealing with that foolishness with my classmates. I'm shaking my head cause, I may not have gotten the letter in time to respond to her letter if I was not goofing off, and that she chose to reach out to me after no communications in literally five years or so.
Katrina and Rita coverage has a diverted some of the media attention that Iraq had been getting. About two weeks ago, the 2000th soldier died there. I've blogged on the many young lives we have lost in Iraq. I know that when one enlists, they know they are signing up to be called on to defend the nation. But this so called war was is some bullshit. Politicians bitching bout spending money in Louisiana, but we blowing the bank in Iraq. Makes my blood boil, that we are there, and that every person that died there, should still be alive. These thoughts though are not comforting to someone already there or going.
Given how my brain views the situation, what words from the heart do I say to her?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter