Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Motivation...

A pretty nice photo of the Mighty Mississippi. I took it as I wrapped up some reading down at Harbor Town Park.
I came across an article written by Dr. Cornel West relating to Katrina. He really broke it down, as it pertains to the social effects. Take the time and check it out. Here is an excerpt, "Bush talks about God, but he has forgotten the point of prophetic Christianity is compassion and justice for those who have least. Hip-hop has the anger that comes out of post-industrial, free-market America, but it lacks the progressiveness that produces organisations that will threaten the status quo. There has not been a giant since King, someone prepared to die and create an insurgency where many are prepared to die to upset the corporate elite. The Democrats are spineless" The Observer Here is the link, http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,1567247,00.html
Thought of the day.......Even when I think I have worked hard enough, I know that I can work harder, so stop thinking about it and do it!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>The Democrats are spineless

I'll drink to that. But I'll drink to just about anything. So whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter