Friday, September 02, 2005

God Help New Orleans

Words don't even describe the pain that is felt, sitting in the comfort of my home, watching the chaos in New Orleans. This is a natural disaster, and we can't stop mother nature, but I am going to just say this, and you can say what you want. I am going to point the finger. If you accidently cut your finger, you respond by taking care to stop the bleeding, you stop the bleeding with the necessary equipment, tools Gonna do my best not to cuss while typing. What the f is the purpose of a state having National Guard units, when the majority of the units are in mf'n Iraq, getting killed, killing and supposedly rebuilding? Aint enough law enforcement or troops to f'n handle the damn looters and thugs shooting at helicopters and rescuers. Who sent the guard to Iraq? I wonder who? Yea you already know where I am going with it. This is an excerpt from an article, click the link to read the whole thing..... "In early 2004, as the cost of the conflict in Iraq soared, President Bush proposed spending less than 20 percent of what the Corps said was needed for Lake Pontchartrain, according to a Feb. 16, 2004, article, in New Orleans City Business. On June 8, 2004, Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; told the Times-Picayune: "It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us."
Now they say this was predicted back during 9/11, or at least predicted such a catastrophe was possible if the levees were not raised. Congress and Bush punk azz cut the funding. Who's to say the redesigned levees would have held, but f it, I am on a roll, yea, I am pointing the finger.
In Memphis, gas stations are trying to hike the price of gas, folk freaking out and stuff, taking gas cans and filling them up. I don't know if this is just another excuse for them to raise prices or if it is legit. I think it is price gouging, but...
Yea, I have been hard getting on the looters, but I did say I understand it, the media aint s@#t though, I got this pic from Bartcop.com, you see the difference? Yo that is some BS. Why the F FEMA underfunded? We a f'n superpower. We talking bout we don't know where the ten billion gonna come from? What the f?
Did that fool "Bush" say don't buy gas if you don't have to? I may be a little irrational right now, been reading my cases tonight, watching the news, got me kinda out there. Or my azz might have a point. Man I hope my mom's ain't reading my blog, I am gonna get it for cussin.......... God Bless all those people in New Orleans and Mississippi suffering.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

That example of blatant media bias is just so crazy it's almost funny.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger MIZPOWDERPINK said...

u know..people got the nerve to be saying that the media is just reporting the facts..i have read a few blogs were people are saying that ish. This entire situation has got me all mad. I'm mad at the bias reported by the media and I am also mad at people stealing TV when there is no electricity..i'm just sayin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter