Friday, March 31, 2006

What Weekend?

Ok, I don't normally listen to Rush Limbaugh but today, I ate lunch in my car today, and sense Al Franken was kind of boring me I switched over to Rush. I had not even unwrapped my sandwich before he said something to piss me off, not only did it piss me off, but I was shocked he even had the balls to utter the shit. Then again, dude can pretty much say whatever he wants, he's one of the untouchables. Anyway, here is the quote, "There are some Duke players who are accused of raping some hoes." Ok, so what? What's the big deal? Well for starters how can you call an alleged rape victim a hoe? (Well besides that Chick who accused Mike Tyson of rape maybe, hey, I did not say that plus that is another story.) Can a victim be a victim until shown otherwise? Plus, the kicker for me is that I don't think he would have say that mess if the alleged victims were wholesome Caucasian girls. The accusers in the Duke case happen to be two black girls, one of which is a student who happens to be dancing to pay for school. But let's be real, he would not have said it if those girls were white, and that is just a fact. I am not even opening the door for discussion on whether or not a rape took place, the fact is, the accusers deserve some respect as to their claim, how you gonna call them hoes before the facts have been ascertained. If my azz or Al Sharpton called the chick who has been missing in Aruba a hoe for leaving with three dudes at the club, I would catch all kind of static, and no I aint called that girl a hoe. So...
I saw previews for a movie called United 93. It's based on one of the hijacked flights on 9/11. It is believed that the passengers on the plane fought the hijackers preventing the plane from being used in an attack of D.C. No doubt the passenger on the plane were heroic, but I just don't think there should be a movie made for the theaters. Why not make it an HBO movie, or one of those TNT movies premiers? I hate to think it, but the movie will likely only incite the worst of us to leave the theater and take out any anger or rage built up while watching the movie on anyone who looks close to an Arab or middle easterner. You know how cautious theaters get when they show a violent black movie, thinking young blacks are gonna break out in gang violence as a result, same thing here. I said it first remember.
Atlanta Bread Company has the bomb blueberry muffin tops. What a great invention, muffin tops with no muffin underneath. The top of the muffin is the best part of a muffin anyway.
Evidence, why is this class so annoying? I have gotta pin it down.
I am glad the weather is warming up cause I am gonna have to wash a whole lot of cars to pay for my summer classes in London.
Damn, I keep forgetting to file taxes. What's N's number or maybe GoldenOne can do it for the free?
Gas....bleep it. Oh, its gonna go higher cause they have to add ethanol to it, and there is a shortage of ethanol, so bend ova...

I wonder what black sellout lawyer will jump in the race between Carlee McCullough and Chancellor Goldin for Chancery Court? Right now they are going heads up. I think the powers that be are looking for a willing black candidate to take some of her potential votes. Should one jump in would be f'd up. I am rolling with Carlee, she is hungry and deserves the opportunity to serve. If you don't know what the heck I am talking about click on the link on the side to see what she is about.

Who am I supporting for Congress? I dunno, Ed is my frat, but I don't know where he stands on the issues. Let me marinate on that one......
I see the latino brothers and sisters uniting on the immigration issue. They got numbers don't they? They were deep in Los Angeles getting their protest on. I feel them, but I don't know where I stand on the issue. I do know, black folk can't show the solidarity the latinos have shown on this issue to any issue.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you go into the mental dungeon of prep for lawschool exams, I look forward to reading a more indepth comment on the Duke-thing from a community v. privileged-white-academic-community perspective (and not responding to an ignorant-white-radio jock perspective). It's just begging for your insight.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

I am not sure if I want to go there, especially since I don't know if the allegations are true or not. I feel you on that issue though, if I get annoyed enough, I may go there the issue of privilege issue. Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter