Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Few Off the Cuff Thoughts

We've reached 2000 casualties in Iraq. That is two thousand men and women who should still be here. Families who should not be mourning the lost of their loved one. There are children who will never experience being tucked into bed by their father, or will never receive the warm embrace from their mother. It's tragic. It's clear, that this war is/was based on bullshit. Everyone knows this war is bogus, and those who won't admit it, won't because of their blindless support for the current administration. Not only are 2000 soldiers dead, but over 15,000 have come home missing limbs or seriously maimed. Their lives will never be the same either. I am only speaking of U.S. casualties, but it has been reported that over 200000 Iraqis have been killed during our occupation. Those deaths have been a result of both our military operations and of the so-called insurgency. No wonder they hate us. Bush/Cheney have blood on their hands. The Democrats who voted in support of the war are spineless. Its sad.
from bartcop.com
I am hoping that Karl Rove and Scooter Libby are indicted for something on Friday. Think about it, millions were spent investigating the Clintons, only to come up with Bill was getting some head in the White House. What guy would not have lied about that? A special investigator is investigating the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plume. It appears that her cover was blown while someone in the White House was attempting to discredit her husband for citing lies about Iraq attempting to get nuclear weapons. Anyway, it looks like Cheney got it all started and now Rove and Libby appear to be about to get indicted. Its only right if they are. It would go to show that the powers to be, were so hellbent on going to war that it would do anything, including snitch on one of our own.
Why did I let myself get pimped again for the second time in two weeks. This time by a lil Korean chick. I took some clothes to the cleaners trying to get my discount on, $10 dollars off when you deliver $30 worth of clothes. So I stroll up in the cleaners with my garment bag and tell the chick, let me know when I have given you thirty dollars worth of items, and she like ok sir. So I start taking clothes out, looking at her, taking out clothes, and looking at her. By now, I am almost at the bottom of the bag, yet, she aint said sheet yet, so I go ahead and get like the last two shirts out and she is like ok sir, that is enough. I'm like cool, holla at you tomorrow. Why when I arrived to pick up my clothes today, I looked at my receipt to determine I gave that broad $45 worth of clothes. Damn her!
I was chilling with a good friend of mines earlier this week and we got to discussing her two year old son. He is a big two year old, bout 5'1 150, could probably be the starting center for the Memphis Grizzlies in a year or two. When he turned one, she was telling me how she was having a hard time trying to wean him from being nursed. Hey, I don't know how we got on the subject. So here we are having a conversation and the little man became a topic of discussion. I was teasing when I asked her if she finally got him off of nursing. She could not help but break out laughing when I asked, admitting that when she walks in the door from work, little man attacks her like a mugger snatching a purse. Somebody help the sista out.
Sheryl Swoopes has come out of the closet. Did I suspect anything, naw not really. Heck, I did not even know she had gotten a divorce. I think I blogged on this subject a while back, I could care less what grown folk do in the privacy of their bedroom. I am though interested in the phenomena of the cute girl liking the chick that looks like a dude. Doesn't it mean that the cute chick likes dudes? Look at Sheryl's girl of guy or whatever..........
I've got a few words for my Mayor, Dr. W.W. Herenton. You know I am thankful for having the opportunity to serve under your previous administration. Mr. Mayor, with all due respect, take a cue from Bush. You can't put your homies, or those who sucked up major during your campaigns in key positions. It a recipe for disaster. Give those busters a job where they cant funk shit up. Now the City finds itself 25 million in the hole, and the City has to hit up the last of its reserves. That's bs. It's true that there are other cities struggling financially these days, so all of the blame may not fall upon some of your employees. Nonetheless, you know, you have some bs on your staff. Drop those fools before the City drops you. For real......
I knew the Supreme Court Nominee Harriet Miers would withdraw or not get past the Senate. I have always suspected it was a big set up. Bush offered her up as an opportunity for the Spineless Democrat to take not knowing where she stood on the issues. Now, I truly suspect, Bush will nominate a straight up hard core ultra right wing conservative. I would not be surprised if he selected another white male. Let me just say this, as delicately as I can. There are enough WASP'S on the Supreme Court, especially those who think like Scalia, including uncle Thomas. Another one on the Court would mean the end to alot of things necessary to the little people. The right is hell bent on ending a woman's right to choose. Leave it alone. I am gonna close like this. If Jim Bob, a staunch anti-abortionist, had a daughter named Jill. And Jill was dating a black dude named Tyrone, or even worst, was raped by a black dude named Tyrone, and became pregnant. You can not tell me, that that man would not be at the nearest Planned Parenthood, or personal physician trying to get his child an abortion. So lets just be real here, let a woman decide to do what she wants to do with her own body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter