Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's My Birthday

It's my birthday today!!! Yea yea, feel the joy........ha, yea right, I guess I am not all that excited, probably cause I am so burnt out and all. I remember as a child, a week before, heck naw, a month before my birthday, collecting department store sales, Toy's R'Us in particular, and clippin out all the things I wanted. A brotha was straight excited back then. Now, it just seems like another day. Maybe because school keeps me in a somewhat mellow mode, I dunno, I just aint feeling the fire. Nonetheless, I am thankful for the years I have been given thus far. I have been blessed. I am in a good position in life, in terms of what I am trying to accomplish. I've got a loving family, great, wait, wonderful friends, kool classmates, so I am not complaining one bit. I pray the Lord continues to bless me, cause I still have a lot left to accomplish during my stay on this planet.
Highlights of my Birthday......Classmates surprised me with a cake.....what a surprise....did not see that one coming. I walked in the break room, and a few classmates decided to sing a lil birthday song....kinda embarrasing.... Another classmate decided to sing happy birthday in the elevator on the way to class, in a crowded elevator..........yep embarrasing. My phone kept buzzing during classes, as I received a few text messages from friends wishing me a happy birthday. I got a video message from my little sister and mom saying some kind words....that was sweet of them, oh yea, someone I aint heard from in a minute, sent me a text at 6:00 in the morning. I was like what the hell........ Got treated to a fine dinner. Considering the fact I had not eaten all day, a brotha threw down. I came up on some very needed ties....thanks you know who Spent a brief moment enjoying conversation with good friend. Thanks for the time, I needed that time out.
Overall, not a bad day. Heck, my night cap consisted of 27 pages of International Law. So romantic aint it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter