Saturday, May 06, 2006

Bloody But Unbowed

Whew.....it's over. Finals are over. It was rough. I feel ok about it, I prayed on it before the exams, during the exam, and after the exam, plus I had my post exam panic attack, so I am kool. Its like no matter how long and how hard you prepare for exams, there is always some issue that you failed to totally learn the ins out outs of, and it is always that issue that is all over the exam. Go figure. The following pictures properly show how I was feeling over the past two weeks. Lets see.....
First Week of Exams, a brotha was feeling prepared, confidence was on high...
Me after Evidence Exam, good lawd, four hours was not long enough....
Me after two weeks of exams....I'm standing, may not know where I am, but I am still on my feet....
Thanks to all who prayed, supported, or brought a brotha lunch,over the past days, I do appreciate it.

A lot of newsworthy events have happened since I last signed on, but truthfully, at this moment I can't even remember what it was. Lets see, I can't wait for some brothas to figure out a gasoline hustle. It's all a matter of time before you get that phone call, hey man, we got that gas truck, betta come fill up before its empty... Gas is so damn high. I saw this comedian breaking it down the other day, he was saying you used to be able to throw a $20 at the cashier and be like fill it up with some tude, and then proceed to grab a bag of chips and a drink. Or you could start pumping the gas, then proceed to clean out the inside of your car, clean the windows before the pump clicked. Now, you put that mug in, turn around and the dang has clicked before you even get back in the car. Let's see, when was the last time the minimum wage was raised, can you say back when Clinton raised it. How does one with kids on minimum wage actually afford to put gas in their tank. Its got to be really hard.

Leave that Kennedy son alone, he has an addiction and is seeking help, its no more newsworthy than the fact that our current president was a coke snorter, I don't see anyone covering that story, so leave the man alone.

Oh yea, that 9/11 dude got life in prison. Considering the fact that he was not directly involved in the carrying out of the plot, I think the sentence fit. There in no doubt that our country is currently holding in Guantanamo or some other unknown location, individuals who likely had more involvement in the planning and execution of the plot. We can't put those people on trial because they have been tortured and abused while in our custody. They will likely never see a trial in court, cause it would expose the dirt that we do. Bottom line, dude seemed to be a wannbe if you ask me.

Gale, thanks for hooking me up during the National Black Mayor's Convention, I enjoyed the event for sho.

Congrats to Professor Mulroy in winning the Democratic Primary for District 5.

Congrats to all the 2006 law graduates, will miss ya'll next semester. Good luck on the BAR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter