Monday, June 05, 2006

All Ova Da Place

Since I've gotten my grades back, I've had a little time to hang with classmates frat, and other friends. It's been fun I must admit, checking folk on Beale St. Speaking of friends, I hate the fact that best friends sometimes lose the connection that bonds them. In my case, I guess with school and all I no longer had time to hang with my boy BW. If you me out, you likely saw him out, like Batman and Robin. of late, he'd call and I would not even answer the phone. I know that's wrong too. It's not like he did anything. I can't quite call it either, as to why I don't wanna hang. I guess some things just have a way of coming to an end. Or maybe I am just a lousy friend. He's still my boy regardless, I just aint trying to hang like that anymore I guess.
My T.V. time has increased as well, I have to give props to Mos Def, I was not really giving his acting skills much love. However, I gotta give him props now after watching "Something the Lord Made" on HBO. The movie was based off the life of Vivien Thomas, a native Tennesseean (is this a word?). He was a gifted and brilliant brother who was a major contributor in the development of operative techniques, particularly pertaining to the heart. He never had the opportunity to go to neither medical school or undergrad, but the Man was tight. In watching the movie, it was clear to me that he did not get the props nor the financial gains for the work he did. John Hopkins Medical and the Doctor he assisted gained prominence and wealth. My words do not adequately express the situation he was faced with at that time, but I want to say he was used, his knowledge and ability was pimped, not because he allowed himself to be, but because of the love for his work. By the time he realized he was not appreciated per se, he was 35 with family, and could not afford to start as a freshman in college, he had 16 years experience in the medical field and wanted to go straight to med school. Anyway, Mos Def showed some acting skills. The movie is a must see if you have not had the opportunity to see it. Dr. Vivien Thomas To read more about him click on the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivien_Thomas
I want to talk politics, and the Tennessee Waltz trial, but damn all that for now.
Sisterhood Showcase was aight.....
Man, life without wireless is jacked up, the site is tripping so I am calling it a night,

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zee,

On the subject of Politics: I had an urge for my usual morning snack, after returning a few emails I walked over to McD's
for a Bagel, hash brown, and a Coke "No Ice". As I walked through the doors - Who do I see? - Mr. John Willingham aka Mr. wanna be "The Mayor of Shelby County". I noticed that Mr. Ham was bopping around like the typical politician, shaking hands and passing out his campaign literature. The strangest thing - he greeted and passed out his information to everyone with the exception of Guess Who? "me" --- Although my attire included a dress shirt & slacks, it was as if I was wearing a tee shirt & cap with the letters AC imprinted on the front. Question - Do Democrats or AC supporters have a certain look???? Hummm

I guess you can say he's at least "Financially Prudent", he didn't want to waste his campaign literature...

I was actually interested in reading some of his literature as I gobbled my McBagle!!!

Peace my Brother... and don't forget to write your check for LOC.

rw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter