Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dispatch From London # 3

RW, I saw that Wingate was resigning, I am hoping the Board of Trustees will also jump ship so progressive thinking individuals can replace them.
Senate blocks an increase in the federal minimum wage. Go figure, Congress just gave themselves a darn raise for cost of living expenses. Bastards...
We have a three day weekend so I am not sure what I will be doing with all that time on my hand. I need to be making some money or Pounds as they are called here. I was thinking about stripping for the biggums out here. I dunno.....
Still sleeping in two hour intervals. Its getting annoying. Then it was cold as hell last night and my bed is by the window. So I was up at 3 in the morning moving furniture so I could get away from the window.
The streets here are so freeking dusty, people let folk poop in the middle of the sidewalk, and did I mention crossing the street?
I've been traveling in the tuube (underground train). Its kind of complex and you can easily get lost. When I hot here, I took it from the airport to the school and damn near hurt myself carrying my luggage up four flights of stairs before having to hike a mile to the school.
Getting hungry, where is my cup of noodles? Keep a brotha in your prayers

3 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you made it to London safely. I hope that you do well in your classes and that you get adjusted to being in London very soon. Moving furniture around at 3 a.m. is a bit much in my opinion. Since this is the only way I can keep in contact with you I'll try to post comments here and there. Take care.

Kiki

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayor announces large donation for LeMoyne Owen

June 23, 2006 05:16 PM CDT

Wow!!! - when I Challenged you to write the check, I didn't think you would write one this BIG.... "Financially strapped LeMoyne Owen College is getting a $2.5 million donation to chip away at its $6.5 million debt"

- When I challenged you to step up to the plate, you really stepped it up... "But the money comes with strings attached. The donor wants all current members of the LeMoyne Owen board of trustees to resign with the exception of alumni and those with church affiliations".

- There's always a catch - "Mayor Willie Herenton and Board Chair Robert Lipscomb have both said they will resign their seats even though they are not required to because they are alums".

Well my fellow Loc’ Alum, you did it - You have convinced the Prez to resign and by writing the "Check", you are starting the process of cleaning house.

Remember my suggestion that the next Prez should have a "Fiscal/ Fortune 500 background" Hint: One of the alums listed above, really would like to be next Prez.

Zee if you can persuade his current boss to let him go, we might have our next Prez.

Mr. Zee "Chairman of the Board", please take your seat at the head of the table and lead your Board & College to the next level...

Peace - Give my regards to Queen Lizzy.

rw

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God save the Queen?? Glad you made it to London. But you...Diverse?? C'mon man! You can't even spell it! LOL! Man...I've been to the spot one time...just ain't the same. WB be talking them to death sometimes!! Stuff is crazy in the M-town. LOC, TN Waltz..and I think my co-worker is bi-polar! As they say eveything that looks good aint' good!I'm getting more impressed with Ed's campaign. Nikki needs to get more common. She got the big people (and $) in her corner but she seems to be a step behind when it comes to common folk. Mane (memphis talk) get your study on over there. My birthday is tomorrow guess I'll be in TN. I may go to the H town next weekend though. Holla at you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter