Saturday, June 10, 2006

Flying High

My move making has began. I hopped a plane for San Diego for my baby sister's high school graduation. I am tremendously proud of her. She is a mess with herself, she is so bright yet so lazy. I think she got the lazy from me. In December, she was not very sure if she was graduating, but she had already had plans for our annual Six Flags trip. Talk about priorities. That's my baby though! The funniest quote of the graduation, one of the kids gave thanks to his mom and the milk man, for without them, he would not be here.
Before I left, me and the bruhs had a small gathering, good to see the other guys doing so well. From left to right, GP, Jiggarod, Doobie, Spike, T.C., Tracy and Jethro. LOC's finest.

Speaking of LOC. RW, I feel you on the donation to LOC. But I am disturbed by the school's continued financial struggles. I can't remember a time when the school was not having difficulties managing its funds. Quite frankly, the school messed up when it force Dr. Joiner out. I think he was one of the better school presidents at the school. I am further curious as to the role the Board of Trustees plays in selecting the leadership and its over all function. What exactly are they doing? I think a clean sweep of the board would be a good first step in reviving our school. I'd like to see the school rebound, and in order to rebound, we need some fresh leadership, fresh vision, and innovative ways to not only raise money but to also bring in talented people to continue the long tradition the school has had in educating young people.

I was enroute to Nashville when I got word that Roscoe was convicted on all counts. Having sat in the trial, and being allowed to sit in with his counsel, I have to say I was surprised of the verdict. I thought that is was possible that at last one juror would hold out, preventing him from being convicted on all counts. The government created a lie, using a dirty, cocky cat, savin his ass Tim Willis, and then went after those elected officials. I am curious though to find out whether the sting targeted any republican officials. On the face of it, it really looks like it was limited to those local black democrats, even though one white was indicted. Tim's testimony was incredible, he seems quite proud of his work, being paid by the government 70k a year during the time, and even called the government his client as he did the dirt. Roscoe admits taking the cash, considering the videos of him taking cash, any attorney would have had a hard time getting him off fully. But you still have to ask, did he have the predisposition to take bribes, or was the cash flashed in his face so many times by Tim, that he finally caved in and took it. I guess the jury wasn't goin. I hope Roscoe at least catches a break during sentencing.

I was at 39,000 feet watching Good Times, Sanford and Son, and Redsox v. Yankees. That was a new experience. What a great idea to put satellite t.v. on a plane. I usually get my sleep on when I fly, or break the laptop out for a movie, but I stayed awake the entire time flipping stations. I felt like I was at home sitting on the couch with the remote in my hands. Oh, it was Frontier Airlines, never flown them before, but looks like I found a new friend.

I think I am getting cold feet on going to London for classes over the summer. Will talk about that later.
PK and PK ya'll are the realest.
KW, where my shirts??
SG, can I get that application please?
BN, thanks for the Gus's.
GoldenOne, you gonna have to hold it down at Swigs on your own for a while man.
SupaCuts, what you gonna do?
DH, stay Humble!
Damn, that was the longest shoutout I have ever given, did I win an award?

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know applications are free to all those who are interested, all you have to do is pick one up. Remind me again, what position you are interested in filling?

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zee, on the subject of LOC - I concur with you fully. (((Inside scoop))) some of the major donors have intentionally stopped giving because of the spending habits of the current Prez. Back to the Prez in a second - There are a few board members who really care about the stability of the college, however there are some on the board who could give a "Fill in the blank____" about LOC, these are called "Figure Heads". "Figure Heads” are board members who are in a position to control the destiny of the college, but lack the true desire and/or commitment to make a difference. In other words they like being in the position; however they don't have the love of the college as their driving force. However, there are some of the Board Members who have the love of {translation} fear of the President in them - Shouldn't that be reversed??? Hmmm

Flash Back - Principles of Management 101: taught us that the "Board" is the "Boss" and the president reports to the Board.

A New Board a New President, a clean slate. The old guard system is evident in so many of our organizations and institutions. (Educational , Religious, Social and Political). I agree with you Dr. Joiner & Dr. Johnson were pretty good... LOC needs true leadership from all angles. President, Board of Trustees, and hold your seat.... Alumni; we need to take the lead!! - I really believe that the new generation Alumni should take the lead. With that said, I would like to recommend a few individuals to "Serve" not “Sit” on the LOC Board of Trustees. (GP, Jiggarod, Doobie, Spike, T.C., Tracy and Jethro. and LH, CH, and of course I can't leave out Mr. LOC himself - ES. I have few recommendations for the Presidential spot, but that's for another day.

Finally my fellow LOC'ALUM you're right again, we need to continue to recruit the brightest minds to walk the halls of 807 Walker Ave. We can start with baby sis!!! In the words of Shakespeare - "to be or not to be; that is the question" The answer is in the Check - A good "Checks & Balance" system, a Check up, or just a cashable Check... But we can’t afford to Check out. Peace, I gotta eat; therefore I gotta get to work!

RW

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Spike Zee said...

I see that were are eye to eye on somethings RW. What is your take on the current alumni association? Shall the new alumni generation take over, or should something new and fresh be created by them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LAURYN HILL lyrics
MAXWELL lyrics
free web counter
web counter